NIST Needs Your Feedback
We ask for your feedback on the material we have created. Please answer the following questions:
- For any given technical capability and sub-capability, have we identified the most common, or expected, device cybersecurity capability or sub-capability that should be built within an IoT device?
- Are there any common IoT device technical cybersecurity capabilities or sub-capabilities that we have not included? Please describe.
- Do you have any suggested updates or additions to elements of device cybersecurity capabilities and sub-capabilities, or suggestions for re-arranging the elements? Please describe.
- Are there any common IoT device non-technical manufacturer capabilities that we have not included? Please describe.
- Do you have any suggested updates or additions to the non-technical capabilities? Please describe.
- Do you find it useful to have the technical capabilities catalog separate from the non-technical capabilities? Why or why not?
- Is this structure (i.e., capability->sub-capability->element) useful for defining device cybersecurity capabilities?
- Would mapping the catalog elements to NISTIR 8259A, NIST SP 800-53 (rev 4 or rev 5) and/or the Cybersecurity Framework be helpful?
These operating rules describe and govern NIST’s management of feedback on this GitHub page. NIST reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Criteria for Feedback
This is a moderated platform. NIST reserves the right to reject, remove, or edit any feedback, including anything that:
- states or implies NIST endorsement of any entities, services, or products;
- is inaccurate;
- contains abusive or vulgar content, spam, hate speech, personal attacks, or similar content;
- is clearly “off topic”;
- makes unsupported accusations;
- includes personally identifiable or business identifiable information according to Department of Commerce Office of Privacy and Open Government guidelines;
Engage & How to Provide Feedback
Share feedback and ask questions about resources in the repository using the Issues feature. GitHub Page
Instructions on how to use the Federal Profile GitHub page can be found here. How To Use GitHub Guide
If you’d like to submit feedback the traditional way, please send us feedback to our mailbox at IoTsecurity@nist.gov.