The Metaschema Information Modeling Framework provides a standardized, format-agnostic information modeling approach supporting schema, code, and documentation generation all in one.
This specification defines the core concepts, syntax and semantics of the Metaschema Information Modeling Framework.
The specification is divided into the following sections.
- Overview: Provides a high-level description of the framework's design goals and overall approach to defining an information model.
- Information Modeling: Describes the information modeling approach used in the framework, with a focus on the core graph and object-oriented concepts supported by the framework.
- Syntax: Documents the model used to describe a Metaschema module.
- Data Types: Lists the built-in data types provided by the framework.
- Glossary: Provides definitions for commonly used technical terms used in this documentation.
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "NOT RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in BCP 14 RFC2119 RFC8174 when, and only when, they appear in all capitals, as shown here.