This section of the OSCAL website presents:
- Key terminology used in OSCAL;
- An overview of the OSCAL layers and models, to include who and what processes they apply to;
- An oververview of identifier use in OSCAL models;
- A Profile Resolution Specification for handling the transformation of OSCAL Profiles into OSCAL Catalogs;
- Illustrative examples of how to represent control implementation and risk management data in OSCAL XML, JSON, and YAML formats; and
- A discussion of how OSCAL relates to and draws inspiration from other documentary standards.