OSCAL provides standardized formats for consuming control, catalog, profile, and implementation information to visualize and automate security compliance processes. OSCAL provides a standardized means for the automated assessment of infrastructure and software solutions to verify the ongoing effectiveness of the system's security control implementation.
How Does OSCAL Help Me?
- Use automated tools to create more complete and consistent security plans with machine assistance.
- Easily attest to the state of control implementations, reducing the paperwork burden associated with supporting federal agencies.
- Expose security control and assessment data in a standardized format which can be represented via JSON or XML.
- Improve the User Experience (UX) and Machine Experience (MX) by offering new compliance tools.
- Minimizes the need for vendors to customize solutions for customers by adhering to a broad-based set of standardized formats.